I promised myself I would put out more faith related content this year. So here we are. Stepping into the unknown, lol.
Have you ever asked yourself “Who am I?” And thought long and hard on the answers that come to mind?
Who are you?
What defines you?
As one of my lecturers put it, what’s your “claim to fame”
We could all come up with a variety of answers to this. Mine is usually my name(Champagne). But really there should only be one.
We are Sons. Of God. (Chosen by His Grace. Set apart to fulfill his destiny and demonstrate His Glory. We are a royal priesthood. (1st Peter 2:9) We are loved. We are children of light. We are the light.
I struggled with this area a lot during my faith walk. Who I was. What my value was in God. But the more I sought God and immersed myself in His Word, the more clear the answer became.
I am the one He left the 99 for. I am his chosen child, a royal priesthood. I am beautiful and I am loved. So much so that God decided I was worth sending Jesus to die for. How amazing is that? God thinks I am to die for!
In this post I’ve included a few of my favorite verses on who God says I am, and what I mean to him
1. “Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—”
John 1:12 NIV
2. “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”
Genesis 1:27 NIV
3.““Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.””
Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
4. “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”
1 Peter 2:9 NIV
5. “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV
6. “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Galatians 2:20 NIV
7. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10 NIV
8. “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”
1 Peter 2:9 NIV
9.“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.”
Colossians 3:1-4 NIV
10.“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—”
Ephesians 2:8 NIV
It’s always amazing to know that even with all my flaws, He still loves me, and picks me every day.
The world is super loud. And on some days it’s easy to get into comparison games with our schoolmates, workmates, or even the people on the other side of our phone screen. In those moments it’s important to take a step back from whatever is dragging you to that space, and remember WHO you are what you’re WORTH.
Sending you all the love.
And the light within you is brighter than the darkness around you. ♥️